Monday, August 23, 2010

Another Adventure

I miss writing in my blog. One thing I learned while blogging about my trip across the country is it affords me a few minutes to reflect on the simple things that make life so wonderful. Knowing that *anyone can read my ramblings keeps me restrained to a point that I have to brush off the negatives and focus on the important things. It is a good practice of meditation and has a way of lifting your mood. I think this is why Bob Marley praised"Positive vibrations."
*By "anyone" I am referring to Cara, who I realize might become my only follower!

What to write about?
Since being medically separated (soon to be retired... I hope!) I have been pursuing a career as a Physician Assistant. It has been a tough ride just getting accepted to a school. In fact, I have spent the last 3 years taking classes and getting work related experience in patient care just to compete for the coveted opportunity just to become a student. it has been a tricky balancing act between keeping my focus on the goal pf being a PA and sucking up the entry level work which usually involved dealing with patients bodily fluids.
I figured I would write about my experience of being a layman and tackling this monumental personal goal. Really, I feel like a guy who has no business diving head first into a graduate level science degree, especially with my background of a history degree and navigating airplanes. They are similar, right?

2 comments:

  1. hay nice blog... check out mine at seatoshiningsea.blogspot... it is great to post about your activities or family... best wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do need to keep blogging! it was nice being able to keep up with you as you rode from one coast to the other!! :)

    ReplyDelete