Friday, February 26, 2010

40 degrees + 30 MPH wind = an awful ride!!!

In my pursuit of various athletic sports over the past few years, I have discovered a few things that make me ask myself "why am I doing this?" First, I never though I could feel as miserable as when we would get out on the lake to row at 6:30 am, when the temp was 35, the winds were in your face and there was a steady drizzle. I literally spent an hour in the shower trying to get my core back to 98.6 degrees! Second, your lungs truly want to leap from your throat and scurry off the mat when you are wrestling your heart out against someone that is aiming to snatch one of your limbs and snap it in half. Third, riding a bike isn't as fun when it is in a 30 MPH headwind and the temps are just above freezing. That is what I encountered today. I actually was yelling back at the wind to stop for just a second and allow me to catch up. I knew I was in trouble when I went down a huge hill and the wind slowed me almost to a halt. I'll get used to this right? Ahh, comfort is for the weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment