Tuesday, July 20, 2010

DC

So far it has been a restful day in DC. I was originally going to head to lunch at the Capital with a NC representative but when I heard we were getting Subway sandwiches rather than being allowed to eat lunch in the congressional dining room, I opted out of the political photo op.
Besides, I really needed a day to rest up!
We have only a few riding days left and we reach VA Beach. Cara, my parents, and sister's family will all be there at the finish line. I just wish my dog could attend but he had prior arrangements.
I got word that we fed 297 service members at Walter Reed a steak and lobster dinner! Only a few made it to the dining hall so I was hoping the rest got a good dinner(better than Subway at least ;).
It was impressive to ride to the hospital with former patients and amazing to realize some were patients mere months ago! That's what this ride is all about.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment