Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fort Madison, Iowa

I love Iowa! This state has been so great and the people are proud of their home and wonderful to vets. Local folks and businesses set up water and rest stops along our route of travel. Additionally, the farms, gently rolling hills, and gorgeous country side has made riding a pleasure. (they just need to repave Rt. 2!!!)
The folks of Fort Madison are no exception to Iowa's hospitality. A volunteer with the VFW auxiliary took Coree, Scott and me through town to see the sites and bought us lunch. We then returned to the hotel for more lunch, hair cuts and massages! I never considered that I would gain weight cycling across the country.
Tomorrow we cross the mighty Mississippi and head to Illinois. As for now, more rest.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment