Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Correction. Yesterday we were in Mount Ayr, Iowa...

...and today we are in Centerville, Iowa. The ride today seemed very long although it was only 75(ish) miles. I can't believe I am saying "only 75 miles" but it has truly come to that. In fact, we've grown to consider days under 60 miles as rest and recovery days! The ride consisted of gently rolling hills, one after the other, for the duration of the ride. I actually enjoy Iowa's hills over the flatness of Nebraska. The hills have a way of breaking up the monotony and give me little goals throughout the day.
My hand is bruised nicely but healing quick and save for the pounding its receiving from the bumpy roads, tomorrow I should be close to 100%.
We ride to Fort Madison tomorrow and then receive another day off. After our eight day trek, two days off within in a seven day stretch feels like spring break. I'm not quite sure what is in Fort Madison but as i said in the past, if it has a bike shop and a cafe, we're happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment