Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our highest climb!

Today's ride was a challenge. The temperature this morning was around 35 degrees and the chill made it hard to warm the muscles. We climbed around 11,500 feet today over the continental divide. The funny thing is, I'm not sure what the divide is! I think it has something to do with the flow of rivers. The toughest part of the climb was the lack of oxygen at the high altitudes. I was gulping for air with every push of my legs, looking like a fish out of water!
The ride was about 40 miles up hill, followed by 25 miles down hill. The down hill was well worth the climb! We also figured out that since this was the highest point of our trip... the rest is down hill to Virginia!
The Elks club of Salida hosted a lasagna dinner for us at the hotel. They were so friendly and hospitable. I am blown away by the reception some of these towns are giving us. It makes us realize how much they support us!!!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment