Sunday, June 13, 2010

Montrose, CO

Our first taste of the Rockies was great! We managed to stay away from rain and arrived at the hotel before any thunderstorms could ruin our day. The climbs were pretty easy so far but I don't know if that is because we are becoming better conditioned or if the good conversation I was having during the climb distracted me enough.
I have seen more wildlife in the last few days than we have in the first 2 weeks. Today along the foothills of the rockies we were greeted by prarie dogs, elk, cows in the road, and (the highlight) a brown bear!
Tomorrow we head out again, bright an early. It is nice to have a change of scenery and the Rockie Mountain backdrop has the power to ease the pain of a hard climb.
I was interviewed a few days ago for the Montrose Daily Post and here is the link if you want to read it:
http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2010/06/13/news/doc4c13f72a7a24b592684411.txt

No comments:

Post a Comment