Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wray, CO to McCook, NE to Holdrege, NE

I completely forgot to update my blog yesterday! I did add the photo of the old WWII T-6 Texan that kept us company on the long and boring stretch of midwest roads.
The wind seems to be our number one nemesis! Every push with our legs seems to be matched with an equally and somewhat morally crushing counter-active burst of momentum destroying wind. I have found nothing seems to defeat it; not screaming, cursing, or crouching into the smallest possible profile to streamline your body into an aerodynamic form... not unlike a standing fetal position (which has a sort of ironic match to our mental state at this time).
8 days was a BAD idea. Although we are motivated to press on, our bodies are greeting us in the morning with adamant protest! Every point of contact with the bike is sore and my bike is groaning with pleas of ''oil me!"
Press on! I'll update when we reach Holdrege!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment