Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gunnison to Salida

We rode into Gunnison yesterday to a town celebration of Flag Day and the Army's birthday. We were all a bit tired but appreciated the hospitality. I was so tired when we arrived at the hotel, I fell asleep before I could update the blog.
Today we head out to Salida, CO. Our trip today will take us to our highest elevation (around 12,000 I think) and across the continental divide. I am currently trying to summon the will to get me over today's climb. I woke up this morning sore from the waist down. My calf muscles are burning and feel as tight as piano wire! I keep telling myself that after 60 or so miles today and 100 or so tomorrow, we arrive in Colorado Springs, a day of rest, and sports massages!
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment